10 Apr Orange cupcakes with Nutella
Cupcakes (just like pasta and pizza) are a white piece of paper – mix it with whatever you want, express yourself, experiment, because almost everything fits. With chocolate, chilli or tuna fish – I saw the whole scale of the craziest variations. These babes with orange topping and Nutella inside were created like Frankenstein’s monster – something from what I’ve seen, something from what I’ve heard plus a bit of fantazy. And what did I get? Sweet (no secret) dessert with a tiny bit of sourness (could be more). Despite it was the first time I baked these exact cupcakes, nothing burnt and was …
Oh my God, really good!
Just.. fantastic. The best I’ve ever eaten. Angel’s food!
…, but I still have some advices and corrections. Make the first layer thicker than I did and put two spoons of dough (I put 1-1,5 spoon). Why? Because few cupcakes leaked and half of the Nutella went on the bottom. Not all of it and not in every cupcake, but let’s just play safe #Don’tJudge I would also recommend to add few drops of lemon juice to the topping. I believe, that greater sweet-sour contrast would make it better. In my certain situation both muffins and topping were really sweet, oranges I used didn’t help here, because they were sweet as well, just sweet, all sweet and I felt diabetes travelling in my veins. I minimized quantities of sugar in my receipe after my try, so no worries – I thought about everything instead of you, so just take it and use it.
For 12 cupcakes you will need:
- 230g flour;
- some part of the smaller Nutella jar (oor [woah, woah, look how smart I am] 12 spoons of Nutella 😉 );
- teaspoon of baking powder;
- 25g cocoa powder (not sweetend);
- 90g sugar;
- 2 eggs;
- 100ml oil (but not oil);
- 230ml milk.
For the frosting:
- 100g of warm butter (not melted!);
- 130g sugar powder;
- 4 tablespoons of orange juice;
- half of teaspoon of lemon juice (if oranges are sweet);
- several drops of vanilla extract (not mandatory);
- orange food colouring (not mandatory, orange juice colour creme just fine).
What, how, where, when?
- Cupcakes first. Mix flour + baking powder + cacao + sugar;
- Whip eggs + oil in another bowl. Pour milk;
- Unite content of both bowls, mix until solid;
- Heat oven up to 200°C. Now you can smear baking tray with a little bit of butter and pour approx. 2 tablespoons of dough for the first layer. One teaspoon of Nutella should follow (like on the picture above). Finally a bit of dough again just to cover the middle layer. Bake for 20 min.
- Making the frosting takes just a few minutes, so start doing it after cupcakes cool down. Eat one of them while waiting. You deserve it and you know that. So, whip all frosting ingridients with a mixer until solid, put the result into pastry bag or use spoon to put the frosting on the cupcakes.
Yes, yes, easy, I know. And what did you expect? But one day I will show you all my power with something difficult to prepate *laughts like a badass villain* So enjoy fast and easy dishes while I am still good.
Here, take one more picture for goodbye
Those cupcakes, just look at them. LOOK!